Hi Game Vault users.
As many of you know, the Game Vault app uses the API from Giant Bomb to pull its game data (so you can add it to your lists in the app). Today it was announced that CBS purchased Giant Bomb. Giant Bomb released this news on their website today. We’re not sure yet what this means for Game Vault but we’ll keep you informed as much as possible.
Game Vault V1.1.0 is now available in the app store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/game-vault/id413568394?mt=8
I took everyones feedback very seriously and made some improvements that I think your going to enjoy. The biggest feature you might notice is the ability to create a custom release if a game release does not exist in the database already. You can edit the title, image (take a picture or choose a picture from you photo library), release date, region and game rating.
Full details for updates in V1.1.0:
- Lowered requirement to install (iOS 4.0 and higher)
- Manual game entry. This will allow you to add a release to your collection that does not exist in the Giant Bomb database.
- A feature that allows you to see a list of games that are in the same franchise the game is in.
- Show/hide region flags in your collection list.
- Enable all regions by default (originally only US and Japan releases were shown unless a change was made in the region settings).
- Show releases that do not have a region attached to them.
- Skip platform selection if the game is only available on one platform to speed up the process of adding a new game.
- Fixed a bug that rarely caused the app to crash when saving a game to your collection.
Have any suggestions for me? Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your support is greatly appreciated and goes a long way towards efforts in improving and updating this app.
You can send donation via paypal to: email@example.com
Thank you so much for your support!
Game Vault is an application for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad that allows you to create and maintain your videogame collection using Giant Bomb’s (www.giantbomb.com) API. You have the ability to view screenshots, videos, and even get a list of games that are similar to the one you are viewing.
You can manage multiple collections: library, wish list and pre-orders. Browse your games in a variety of different ways: title, platform, genre, publisher, and many more. Rate your games, mark games you have completed or are currently playing, and much more.
This is a project I have been working on for a while and would love to get your feedback.
You can download the app here or search for Game Vault in the App Store.